By the amount of hits on my last post, it seems like a lot of people are interested in kale! So, as promised, here is a post dedicated to kale recipes….
Simple ways to cook/use kale:
- Tear kale leaves off of stems and saute in a skillet over medium heat, with 1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil (or healthy oil of your choice), a dash of black pepper and a dash of sea salt. Cook kale, turning it every minute or so to prevent burning, until it turns bright green, about 5 minutes. I often do this as a side with my breakfast because it’s quick, easy, and gives me an extra boost of energy in the morning!
- Tear kale leaves off of stems and toss into boiling water. Cook until it turns bright green, only 1 or 2 minutes, and remove from water. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a dash of sea salt and black pepper. Perfect side dish for any dinner!
- Put raw kale into salads!
- Sneak kale in to pasta sauces, egg dishes, soups, or pizzas. I realize this may be difficult for some of you with picky eaters in your family, but just try it – Maybe they won’t notice, or maybe they may end up enjoying it! It’s a great nutritional addition to any meal.
Here are some recipes of mine that I sneak kale in to. They are all hearty meals, so they may be a great place to start for the picky eaters in your family!
- Breakfast Pizza
- Butternut Squash Mac ‘N Cheese
- Butternut Squash Pizza
- Healthy Pasta Bake
- Sausage and Veggie Fritatta: Sorry, no picture!
- Stuffed Squash: Again, no picture, sorry!
One of my favorite blogs, Daily Garnish, posted this yummy looking kale salad recipe earlier this week. The homemade dressing with maple syrup and balsamic vinaigrette sound mouth watering to me! Going to try it out this weekend.
As promised, here is a new recipe for you all: Sesame Kale Chips.
Do you have any kale recipes that you make/cook?